SYF IS OVER! (:
SYF today was wonderful.
IJ choir, you guys did everyone proud :D
We sounded so wonderful on the VCH stage, & we sang our hearts out.
No matter what the result, be it Gold, Silver or Bronze,
We know we have done our best, and our efforts these past few months have been put to the test.
We'll still be as proud as ever, for we've put our heart & soul into everything.
We did our best, now let God do the rest :)
Went to school at 6.15am :O
It started raining, and so I thought we weren't gonna run. But it stopped, so we ran ;D
It was a good experience to run alone, in the freezing cold, when the moon was still visible in the dark sky.
We cheonged through make-up, and thanks Eugenia for helping me :P
Took off with the bus at 8.45am (:
When we reached Victoria Concert Hall, we had not much time to rehearse.
Saw so many other choirs there, and I felt kind of intimidated.
But after Eugenia had a talk with us, I felt better.
We were right after Marsiling Secondary School.
Went onto stage, and the whole atmosphere was so familiar.
Brings back all the memories from CLVC Juventus Concert in December 2008 (: I miss it a lot! ):
When I stepped onto the platform, the immediate sound of the creaking wood shocked me.
We made so much noise on stage, cos the platforms were old and wooden.
I looked up at the Circle Seats and saw our Judges. The first person I noticed was Mr Zechariah Goh.
The man who wrote "Farewell" specially for CHIJ Choir :D
When Ms Tham walked onto stage, she smiled and gestured us to curve inwards.
The host introduced our choir, and I scanned the audience from the corner of my eye.
I spotted Mrs Low, the seniors & juniors not participating in SYF, and (drumroll) AUNTY GWEN! :D
I was shocked at the sight of Aunty Gwen. Really shocked.
Shim started playing White Horses, she played a bar wrongly.
My palm was soaked with cold sweat when I heard the wrong notes clash together. But she recovered really fast :)
Everything was such a blur. Soon enough, we were done with White Horses, Mundi Renovatio and Farewell.
We bid 'farewell' to the audience, and went offstage.
As soon as we got offstage, Eugenia suddenly grabbed my arm and pulled me, running, along with her down the corridor.
She was exclaiming about how well we had done, even I myself, I was surprised at how nice we sounded :D
Everyone started going crazy about how unexpectedly good we were :)
Said a few words to Aunty Gwen when I met her.
Then we went back to school :) Took lots of photos at VCH with choir :D
I'm really gonna miss the Sec 4s and 5s when they leave. I mean, they have already left.
This is the last time we were gonna be together with them ):
STEF AND EUGE! I'M GONNA MISS YOUUUUUU ):
Amanda and I are gonna be seniors! How exciting :)
I'm not really gonna get affected by the results because I know how well we did :)
I swear. GO CHIJ CHOIR! :D :D :D
AHHHHHH. I went back to class feeling really happy :D
Couldn't get my eyeliner off though.
Thank yous to Stephanie Anthony, Gracia, Randy, Aloy, Waichung, Carmen and Zijie for wishing my so much luck :)
I love you guys.
And I love you, CHIJ Choir 2008-2009, forever, I'll remember the things we went through together.
xoxo.
Marissa.
P/S We made it even though we had our backs up against the wall.
P/S RESULTS ARE OUT IN 2 HOURS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
P/S 5 Days in a row, I have seen Waichung @ Tpy interchange -.-
I LOVE STEPHANIE MEGAN ANTHONY A LOT A LOT A LOT (Screams)