SPECIAL OLYMPICS SINGAPORE 2009 WAS AWESOME! :D long post alert!
I saw S.R Nathan in person for the first time in my life!
And it was a really grand event that I'm proud to be a part of!
Went to school and met up with the choir, did warmups. Everyone felt uncomfortable doing warmups in jeans and t-shirts but it was pretty much okay. Hahaha.
Went to the canteen after warmups. Waited for the bus and everyone started taking photos.
Aurielle, Rebecca and I have the same shoes!
Spastic meee.
Rebecca unglam!
Then we went up the bus. This time the seating position was different.
Sop 2s and Alto 2s in one bus and Sop 1s and Alto 1s in the other!
Usually it'd be Altos in one bus and Sopranos in one bus, but this change was interesting!
Started taking photos in the bus too.
Nat and I in the bus.
Nicole looks so cute here.
Yeahp! Then we reached Yishun stadium and immediately everyone started sweating.
IT WAS SO HOT! And there were no fans in the stadium!
We watched some of the other schools perform first, there was this chinese techno dance and it was super cute!
We were all watching attentively but the hot hot sun made us all feel lethargic. So we all started taking photos again (SERIOUSLY, that's how you identify IJ girls!)
The stadium.
HAHA Nicolette.
Nat and I.
Thirsty.
All the Alto twos! :D :D :D
Lion Dance instruments people.
Lion Dance! And I love that vehicle thingy, it was so cute! :B
Lions were really cute!
Got bored. So I took macro shots of Annmarie's bag.
I swear they should put in the word "Makeup."
Olanda, Nat and I. I look so black here.
Nicole! (L) (L) !
Sheryl! (L) (L) !
This was the performance with the Bumblebee soundtrack! (:
RETARDATION!
Auri and Becks.
After that, we had a trial run.
It was all very nice, and I was shocked to see Mervyn Goh from Kids Central, he was our emcee! He looks really tan and tall since the last time I saw him (:
Faridah's voice is like heaven! I simply love love love her vibrato.
I'd die to get a vibrato like hers. Anne and Sheila sound damn nice too! Ohman! :D
It was really hot during the trail run cos we were all standing on the track and stuff.
Then we went to have dinner (it was really crappy)
Before that, Annmarie and I went to the washroom and we saw Faridah, Sheila and Anne all changing into their nice dresses there.
THE ONLY FREAKING PLACE IN YISHUN STADIUM THAT HAD FANS, WAS THE FREAKING WASHROOM! We were all standing at the fans like some lunatics. Hahaha, super funny :D
Got make up on, took bags and went outside (which was waaaay cooler than the stuffy indoor sports hall) and enjoyed the breeze! Took photos AGAIN cos we changed into our "I AM A FAN OF SPECIAL OLYMPICS" tee shirt :D
Amanda and I.
Annmarie and I. I look sumpah wierd here.
Nicolette and I. Damn, I'm so short next to her ):
Aurielle and I.
REBECCA! This photo made my day! :D
I AM A FAN OF SPECIAL OLYMPICS! :D
Nicole and I! Our cheeks look extremely red here :O
After all that phototaking, we did make up touchups.
The guys from Metta School look really really cute with the blusher and foundation! :)
YEAHP! THEN WE WENT IN FOR THE ACTUAL OPENING PERFORMANCE!
So exciting! We were all so anxious to do a good performance, and see S.R Nathan!
OH OH we already saw him 'backstage' actually. He came in a Benz with a whole lot of police on motorbikes surrounding the car as it entered the carpark. Awesomely cool!
Oh yeah and RANDY came! Awesome pawsome! :)
Unfortunately, I don't have pictures of OUR performance,
But Mrs Low and Mrs Seah-Tay have 'em! So I'll just upload the ones I watched.
The marchpast of all the schools (: And Mrs Seah's head.
We had a really nice full moon!
All the schools (:
It started to get dark.
Yeah! Thats the end of the Olympics pictures.
Had a huuuuuge fear that when Faridah started singing, the microphone wouldn't be on or something, and it'd be super embarrassing if it happened, but it didn't. It was so awesome!
I love the soloists! :D
At the end, we had lots and lots of confetti all over the place!
And colourful fire flames everywhere! It was super super interesting :)
The applause was tremendous. I love applauses for good performances :D So awesome.
I was really happy with the performance :D
Randy and a friend met Annmarie and I and we walked to Yishun MRT.
It was so freaking hot! Randy left his wallet at the stadium so he had to go all the way back there and get it while his friend, Annmarie and I waited at the overhead bridge like some idiots.
Then we MRT-ed to Toapayoh. Randy had some weird way of pronouncing Toapayoh. I forgot what it was.
We went to eat at Fork N Spoon AGAIN cos that seems to be the only place Randy knows how to eat food at.
HIS FRIEND AND HIM MADE SO MUCH NOISE IN THE INTERCHANGE! Until some security guard guy told us to shut up. So embarrassing. Then kept sneezing damn loudly and making he whole area echo.
I was so embarrassed to be with them.
Got an unglam picture of Randy while he was eating! :D
He looks like he smelt something gross. Maybe it was himself.
He kept using his big fat ass and hitting me everywhere.
Then stole my freaking wallet and refused to give it back to me!
I had to freaking climb all over him to get it back, and I screamed a lot. Randy's such an idiotic nuisance! ):
Then Annmarie and I left him and his friend, we went home.
I'M DAMN BLOODY TIRED!
I have to sleep now. I swear. I'm so tiredddd ):
Well done, every participant of Special Olympics Singapore 2009!
LOVE YA'LL!
xxx
Marissa.
No cat class tomorrow ):
Labels: Special Olympics Singapore 2009