Try to reach out to you, touch my hand.
Reach out as far as I can.
Only me, only you and the band.
Reach out to you, touch my hand.
I'm back from YC Camp (first day of camp only) and YES, it was an environmental disaster of epic proportions.
Took the chartered bus there in the morning, the place is really nice! Choice Retreat Centre.
We had a mass with Father Val in the morning. The chapel there is really nice too. Except it wasn't as cold as I thought it would be (I really needed air con, the sun was scorching.)
We sang "Say Goodbye" by S Club 7 as a dedication to him, and we had to give him a rose and a hug.
As much as this surprised me, I think it would surprise you. I cried when I hugged Father Val. I don't know why, it was just an automatic kinda thing, and I never expected myself to do so.
Then somehow or rather, I thought it would be most appropriate if I went up to him and apologised for all the tiffs we had in the past and everything, even though I couldn't recall half of it.
So I went up to him at the altar with Cheryl and apologised to him, I think a lot of people saw, then I broke and started crying again till I couldn't even talk properly. He kept saying "Its okay, its okay" and patting my back and he started crying too.
Then we went out and took a group photo! YC and Father Val and his mummy (:
Then they drove off (after a damn long time of goodbyes and etc) said the last goodbye ): It was sad.
I'm thinking of going airport w Steph and etc to send him off for real. I'll cry, I think. But its at midnight, Idk if my mum'll allow. ANW.
Went into the hall after that to crap and stuff. Sorted out our groups and played some pretty fun games :)
I didn't play though, cos I still can't sit cross legged on the floor. :O Knee hurts. So I sat on the chair w Samteng and Mags.
Then they went out to play a Treasure Hunt, Mags and Samteng completed their envelopes while Jeremy, Aloy and some other people went downstairs to fill up all the water balloons.
Then they came back and played this super funny game, dunno what its called, but I had a great time watching them :D
Then went downstairs for WET GAMES! Awesome! Cos I wasn't supposed to play :D I took charge of photography and cameras cos Brian wanted to play the games so I was in charge of his awesome Canon EOS!
TECHINICALLY, I wasnt supposed to get wet but look what happened. And I didn't bring an extra change of clothes! :O AND I WAS HOLDING A CANON EOS EXPENSIVE TO THE MAX CAMERA that didn't even BELONG TO ME. Haha!
Yuh but whatever. The camera's Brian's so yah HAHA.
First game was something like captains ball but with water balloons and you could only use your shirts to catch the balloons.
I was super superrrrrrrrr scared to go too near to them in case the balloon broke on me or something, and I'd get totally drenched and so would the camera, so I stood quite a distance away.
The next game was some super sick game, it was still water balloons but this time, they added SHAVING CREAM. Gross and disgusting to the maxxxxxxxxxxxxx, ewwwwwww. But the smell was nice HAHA.
I made sure I wasn't near to anyone who had shaving cream in their hands. Uhoh. Heh.
Third game was like super messy. Some clear plastic sheet was placed on the ground and Jeremy rubbed lots and lots of soap on it so to make it extremely slippery. We had to slide using our butts to the other end of the sheet with a cup of water in our mouths and see how much water was left in the cup by the end. Super funny!
Dwayne was damn light so everyone started dragging him across the sheet uh. HAHAAA.
Then the 2 boys with the super soaker guns (Aloy and Jem) started spraying all over and Aloy sprayed my feet! Damn gross la. The water seemed damn disgusting. Loads of leafy things inside.
Then he almost poured a bucket of water on my head but there was only a little water inside, thank God, I didn't bring extra clothes.
Then Jeremy was trying to soak Mark with this bucket and I was standing behind Mark, so when Jeremy flung the bucket over Mark's head, I GOT SEVERLY DRENCHED, along with Brian's camera!
But I cleaned it fast, thank God again!
After wet games were over, I cleaned up with some other people. Aloy, Jeremy, Cheryl, Samteng, Sam, Apy and forgot who else X:
It seemed to take forever! The stupid broom was so small, and the drain was so far away from the patches of water. It took forever to finish up the whole carpark.
Then Sam was laughing at Aloy's sweeping cos she said it looked like some 'martial arts action.'
But actually it was quite fun. I like the sweeping sound :D :D Thats why.
K, took forever to finish the carpark (this is the 3rd time I'm saying this but WHO CARES) and went indoors.
Everyone bathed and stuff, I slacked in the hall with John. Sam went home :(
THEN, guess what! The good Lord decided to let the sky CRY! So it RAINED SUPER HEAVILY, and made the entire carpark wet all over again. Mark and I were like "Haizzzzzz."
Ate dinner, (DINNER FXCKING PISSED ME OFF OKAY I SWEAR. Wtf is your problem? Did you have to shout that bitchy comment out for the entire YC to hear? What is wrong with you?) I kinda sorta skipped dinner & lunch actually. No appetite.
After that, slacked awhile in the dining room. BAMBI CAMEEEE! :B
Disappeared for awhile. Told him some stories, damn interesting horrrr. :D Hahaha.
STUPID JEREMY AH, keep wanting to burst this huuuuge balloon in my face, and I'm damn scared of bursting balloons. Then I screamed cos he was gonna pop it on my head, and when I screamed the whole room silenced for a moment.
Then Xavier was like "Eh Marissa when you screamed, the world stopped." HAHAHHAA.
Went back with John and Abby.
Going back tomorrow morning with STEPH! (: (: (: I hope I can survive.
Mannn, this is one of the most stressful, annoying and frustrating (beyond comprehension man) camps I've ever ever ever been to in my entire life and I don't know how I managed to survive it.
LET ALONE GO BACK TOMORROW! :O
Whatever. I think I'll die tomorrow. I'm prepared.
xxx
Marissa.
GOODNIGHT. hope you get pg2nite. (: